Nex-7 LCD: TruBlack coating wearing off after just 8 months of light use

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,796Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex-7 LCD: TruBlack coating wearing off after just 8 months of light use
In reply to twald, Nov 17, 2012

twald wrote:

Yes this happens with all NEX models to date (bar the NEX-6 and the NEX-5N maybe). In order to prevent it, you need to not rub the screen against anything--not even a fingernail or a camera bag. More practically, get a glass screen protector for it.

Yeah, it seems like it scratched very easily, on my Nex-5. On the bright side, once it's worn off, you'll at least have a consistent display again without splotchiness. Well, the coating really did work well to curb reflection/glare while it lasted.  I did add a stick-on screen protector, but removed it, and that helped to remove the coating as well!   Yikes.  It would have been ideal if I had Sony's clip-on protector, but I didn't know that existed, or maybe it didn't at first, when I first started getting scratches.  Of course, now I'm free to add a protector if I want.  But I guess what I'm getting at is don't use a stick-on LCD protector if you want to preserve the coating.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow