My D-800 may be dead

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
GroWeb
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
Re: Why?
In reply to jack oconnor, Nov 17, 2012

jack oconnor wrote:

Because if the situation were reversed I would take full responsibility.

I only expect- and would desire - to be treated as I treat others.

The Golden Rule is for you to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," NOT to "expect others to do unto you as you would do unto them." The latter is a recipe for disappointment; I have a friend who likes to say that "expectations are premeditated resentments."

It is possible that your idea that your friend knows how much your camera meant to you might be a bit presumptuous. You may not have communicated your camera-love as clearly as you think you did. Also, many people in this world are a bit empathy-challenged; perhaps your friend did not pick up how much your camera means to you. This does not necessarily mean he is globally uncaring or inconsiderate. There must be some reason why you wanted to spend time with him in the first place -- he can't be all bad.

(P.S. Please excuse me if this sounded like an Ann Landers column; the situation just seemed to call for this input.)

GroWeb's gear list:GroWeb's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow