Improving speed on older macbooks & question on Operating systems on the new macbooks

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
graybalanced
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,784
Like?
Re: Improving speed on older macbooks & question on Operating systems on the new macbooks
In reply to imabel, Nov 17, 2012

imabel wrote:

If I do upgrading to a newer macbook in the future I really don't care for the new OS. It is too much like the ipad for me. The additional issue is you cannot do many of your own upgrades as memory is hardwired to the MB. I have changed out drives, fans, battery, and memory in my current macbook but I don't think any of that is possible with the new macbooks.

It isn't that much like the iPad, that's just how Apple demos it. As has been said, they didn't totally rip out the old ways of doing things, and in a few steps you can do things as you have. I'm one of those people who never uses Launchpad, and I still open apps and documents as I have for the last 20 years of Macs. So my Mountain Lion Mac doesn't look like an iPad at all. That said, I still seem to prefer 10.6.8...

When you buy a new Mac, the oldest OS version you can use on it is always the one that it came with. Older OSs do not know about the new hardware and will refuse to run.

The upgrade issues are about hardware, not software. As long as Apple continues to sell the mini, non-Retina MBPros, and the Pro, we'll be able to get into the machines.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow