Spring Travel 2013

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Billstek
Regular MemberPosts: 230Gear list
Like?
Re: Spring Travel 2013
In reply to LPLIV, Nov 17, 2012

I will be rather critical to know what time in Spring you will be traveling. Tioga Pass is currently closed, and will probably stay closed until late Spring. Last year I took Tioga Pass in the second week in May-- the day after it had opened. The same restrictions probably apply to the other passes. You can only count on I-80 and, perhaps, CA 50... or going South down 395 and on to Bakersfield, Death Valley NP or Barstow (Joshua Tree NP).

That being said, if you are limiting yourself to just three days, try Sedona (some excellent opportunities for photographing red rock formations) and the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. It should be a good time of the year, with potential wildflower blooms as well as landscape photography. Some other potential choices: Painted Desert, Organ Pipe, and Suguaro National Parks/Monuments. I'm a believer in the adage, "Less is more". when it comes to photography trips. At any rate, enjoy your trip.

Billstek's gear list:Billstek's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow