Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tommygun45
Senior MemberPosts: 1,041Gear list
Like?
How do I fix this? [5n, fdn 50 1.4, flower]
Nov 16, 2012

Wanted to go out shooting with my Canon FDn 50 1.4 today and found a couple of flowers still hanging around. (in Maine, its like 25 F) Anyways I shot a this one a few times, always at 1.4 and in raw. Focus peaking was nailed in the live view I even zoomed in to 9.5. However it seems like alot of the details of the flower are blown out.

Is this occurring because I am not using a small enough aperture? Is the actual depth of the flower, say, 2 inches, just too deep for a 50mm at 1.4 from 2 feet away? Therefore is this causing the rest of the flower to become blurred and therefore kind of messing up how the whole thing looks?

If that is the case, which I think it might be, how do I achieve more of the flower in focus, or anything for that matter, while getting the background bokeh and blur that is desired?

These were raw, and completely unprocessed just converted to JPG. It looks just like the raw files however.

Does the Sony sensor have an issue with reds or is this just operator error?

Tommygun45's gear list:Tommygun45's gear list
RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow