mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,862Gear list
Like?
Re: Adobe Lightroom 3 or 4?
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Nov 16, 2012

Kerry Pierce wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

May i ask if there is a huge diffeence between these two? The difference is about $40 dollars. I would be a beginner raw user so at the moment i guess the basics is what would matter to me and usually from one version to the very next usually there is no big deal. Your thoughts?

By the way, i just saw a lightroom 4 STUDENT and TEACHER edition for the same cost of version 3. What exactly is a student/teacher version?

I can't give you the definitive answer on whether or not there's a Huge difference between them, because that would greatly depend on the user and what they want/need done.

Personally, I compared the feature lists and decided that the upgrade was worth it to me. Another thing to consider is Adobe's recent change in upgrade policy. IIRC, they no longer have the very liberal policy of giving upgrade pricing to users that are more than 1 or 2 versions behind the current version. I'd suggest checking that out and see exactly what the LR upgrade policy is today. It might be well worth the $40 difference at some point down the road, just in upgrade pricing.

AFAIK, the student/teacher versions require the user to present a valid, current student/faculty ID to qualify for the cheaper pricing. Otherwise, there isn't any difference in the programs. That's how I got my very first edition of Photoshop, many years ago.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Oh Nice!  I know a friend who is a teacher, maybe they can hook me up 

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow