D800E landscape - moire example

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,679Gear list
Like?
Re: D800E landscape - moire example
In reply to nebrofon, Nov 16, 2012

I take your point. However it does imply a regular problem where there isn't one.

The moire issue has been done to death and consensus is that its an overblown concern. If you shoot fashion for a living you may want to consider it but you'd also be giving up the sharpness of the D800E. So it may be a trade off. In a controlled situation its easy enough to shift zoom, focus, aperture.

In a real world shot I think moire is predictable in the scene you are planning to shoot. If there are fences with fine patterns etc, buildings with repeating fine patterns. Usually it seems to be a distant object as then the patterns are fine enough to mess with the Bayer matrix.

So for a shot you really wanted I would take a few shots not just a single shot and vary a few parameters.

I don't know about others shooting style but I always take lots of shots of a scene which I really want to capture. Always one stands out as being better than the others.

If you only ever take a single shot of anything then expect to miss out on that perfect shot very often.

Greg.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow