Opinion: Best form of SR for telephoto shooting.

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
BobORama
Senior MemberPosts: 1,539Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinion: Best form of SR for telephoto shooting.
In reply to Petroglyph, Nov 16, 2012

Petroglyph wrote:

I've gotten great results with SR and I don't have to worry about my modern third party lenses.

Don't forget, In body stabilization on the K-series can account for the rotation of the camera in the z-axis, this cannot be corrected with OIS.   Related features: Horizon correction, Astrotracer.   Some of these can be faked via in camera image processing on other systems, maybe, but its done without loss on the Pentax.

It is worth noting that the deconvolution techniques available now will fit on a chip at some point.   So a deconvolution kernel derived from actual blur as well as accelerometer data, may allow for the elimination of camera shake via in-camera image processing.

This is another reason I never to throw away a shot.   10 years from now even the worst of my pictures may be salvageable as the image processing techniques become more accessible to consumers.  Another reason to shoot RAW+ too.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow