Recommendations for handheld documentary/social/street/photojournalism? + OM-D E-M5 or GH3
Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: Recommendations for handheld documentary/social/street/photojournalism? + OM-D E-M5 or GH3
In reply to Visualartivist, Nov 16, 2012
I am not an expert, but I have a m4/3, here are a couple of comments:
- Consider asking on the micro four thirds forum directly on specific m4/3 questions.
- Even if both OMD EM-5 and GH3 have good high iso, for street photography you should probably consider at least one fast prime lens (no zoom but plenty of light gathering capability). Choose one of the ones between 14 and 25 mm in priority I would say (normal-ish lens), then you can consider the 45mm Oly protrait lens.
- For street photography many consider the ability to shoot from the waist (or from unusual angles) to be useful, this requires a tilt screen. I think both OMD and GH3 have one, but not the same type, so you should see them in practise trying to shoot from waist, see how it works for you.
- In general it is always good to really hold the camera, try the controls, and ideally even try the camera a bit before buying one. That can really be a factor.
- I get the feeling the OMD may be better for you than the GH3 (probably more discreet, cheaper, stabilization, oly JPEGs), but it is to be confirmed, and it is less important than your feel of the camera.
- In video you can certainly get more out of the GH3 than the Oly, but probably with more effort.
|Post ()||Posted by||When|
|Nov 16, 2012|
|Nov 16, 2012|
|Nov 16, 2012||1|
|Nov 17, 2012|
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow