Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandonheato
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
RX1 Street Photography: First Impressions
Nov 16, 2012

Got the camera today and took some street shots in Shibuya/Roppongi.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonwoo/sets/72157632023307133/with/8190530765/

Straight OOC JPEGs, noise reduction off, dynamic range optimizer on auto. First day with the camera and these are just meant to be sample shots so please be easy on me Uploaded these not because I think they are my best photos ever, but to give some contribution to people looking for some initial impressions about this camera.

In comparison to doing street photography with the OM-D:
I've been spoilt by the OM-D's awesome autofocus so RX1 autofocus was quite frustrating. It's much slower especially in low light and can be inaccurate at times too.

The shutter is silent and this makes it easy to take candid shots in the train/quiet and confined spaces without anyone realizing.

I usually do street with a flip-out screen so the lack of that on the RX1 is quite disappointing (and makes it harder to take photos without people realizing). The silent shutter kinda makes up for it though.

Will be looking to take more photos with this and post more impressions! Maybe I'll try to work with the clunky Sony software to process the raws and do some editing when I get some time.

brandonheato's gear list:brandonheato's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow