Couple of questions on Fuji 18-55mm lens...

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Questions thread
pmaster
Regular MemberPosts: 234
Like?
Re: Couple of questions on Fuji 18-55mm lens...
In reply to pgilland, Nov 16, 2012

pgilland wrote:

Drewpy wrote:

pgilland wrote:

Balthazar B wrote:

pgilland wrote:

I think my mind isn't quiet up to pare at the moment, I can't think of exactly how to ask this. I'm looking at the EX1 and "kit" 18-55 lens. Looks great. I know it's f2.8-f4. Question is, at what rate does it transition from f2.8 to f4?

In other words as you zoom in, does it stay f2.8 for a bit, or does it quickly move down to f4?

Also, trying to get a handle on f-stop between systems. My 17-55mm I use with the D7000 is a constant f2.8. I was considering getting the OMD with the Panny 12-35 which is constant f2.8. Oly also has some really fast lenses for the OMD as well. However, I know f2.8 on micro 4/3 is not the same as f2.8 for APS-C as fair as DOF is concerned, but it is the same as fair as light gathering and effect on shutter speed, correct?

OK, I realize you may not have had your morning coffee yet, but still...what's an EX1?

Sorry, X-E1. I like the name, it has some cool spacey thing about the X factor. But really, can't these companies come up with anything other than calling every camera an X something. There are so many "X" cameras I can't keep them straight untill atleast after lunch, and I lose it again shortly after dinner.

What happened to the days when you could call a camera something tasty like the Brownie, or cool like the Hawkeye. I guess designers have better things to do than come up with names.

As long as you don't call it 'Rebel'... by the way, X-E1 means 'sexy one' in Japan... feel better.

That's it, I have to get one now! And I thought they couldn't come up with a good name.

I guess it'll be problematic once they upgrade the camera! I believe X-E2 could still work "sexy too", but for version 3 they'll need something more!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow