Nex-6 - no Raw support for lightroom 3 ???

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
gatorowl
Contributing MemberPosts: 723Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex-6 - no Raw support for lightroom 3 ???
In reply to FMG, Nov 16, 2012

FMG wrote:

I bougt Lightroom 3 a few years ago after i got a NEX-5.

I love this program but now i bought the NEX-6 and gues what?*! It can't process the raw files cause LR3 only supports Camera Raw up to version 6.7. The NEX-6 is supported in Camera Raw 7.

My question now is do i need to upgrade to Lightroom 4? Or will there be a Camera raw upgrade for Lightroom 3 in the future?

Thanx!

There will be no LR3 support for the Nex 6.

Support for new cameras is the way Adobe "encourages" users to upgrade LR & PS to the current version. Adobe's practice is to immediately cease adding camera support to a version one a new version is released.

I recently updated PS, not because there was anything compelling in it but because I wanted to be able load D800 files into Adobe's CR. Fortunately, I'm entitled to educational pricing.

Regardless, LR4 is a significant upgrade on other counts. The highlight and shadows sliders are dramatically improved, and noise handling is excellent.  It's a bit slower than LR3, but on my Mac, not annoyingly so. Finally the upgrade price is under $100, so I didn't grumble to much.

Good luck!

gatorowl's gear list:gatorowl's gear list
Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow