ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DL
DL
Regular MemberPosts: 463
Like?
How good are RX100 videos? (vs S110)
Nov 16, 2012

I'm likely buying a Fujifilm X-E1 soon for the times when we want to carry a bigger camera and the possiblity of needing a longer range lens in the future.  We sold our DSLR recently because we ended up rarely using it because of the weight/size.

However, we still want a true compact point and shoot for days when we only want a camera clipped to my belt or in my wife's purse.  We had a Canon S95 but it broke.

One thing we are hoping to have in the P&S is good video quality.  The X-E1 has relatively lousy video quality according to reviews.  If the compact point and shoot we buy has good enough video quality then hopefully we can eliminate the need to carry our camcorder on vacations to capture the kids.  We don't take a lot of video, mainly kids Christmas concert and the odd vacation video on the beach.

Sorry for all the background.

1.  Will the RX100 video be that much better than our old S95, how about the new S110 video?

2.  Will the RX100 video be comparable to the 5 year old Canon HD camcorder we have?

3.  Can you recommend any other point and shoot compacts for video quality and decent photo quality?  Right now the RX100 looks ideal, but maybe a bit pricey.  RX1 is out of the question.  NEX-6 is too large, and I prefer the X-E1 over the NEX-6 for our larger interchangeable lens camera.

Too bad the X-E1 apparently doesn't have good enough video.

Thanks!

Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow