D600 and D7000 shutter scratch - another reason for spots?

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leo360
Senior MemberPosts: 1,028
Like?
Re: another scratch thread already exists
In reply to Catalana, Nov 16, 2012

Catalana wrote:

Leo,

"bulb" mode, as far as I have always understood it, is the ability to keep the shutter open indefinitely for long exposures. It would be used with a shutter release cable were you could lock the release button down, or set a time on the cable release, if it is electronically controlled. "Bulb" mode is only available in Manual mode and dialing the shutter speed to "bulb". "Bulb" is independent of the "Mup" function and works with Mup. There is a "--" (Time) function as well, but it would be mutually exclusive because it works with a remote release control (I think Nikon means wireless here), and that function is on the same dial as "Mup". Hope that helps...

Edit: You can select "Mup" for the Remote Control via the menu. Nikon D600 manual page 85...

Thanks for clarification. I have not order my D600 yet. I tried it with my D5100 in so called "Quiet" (Q) shutter-mode and manual exposure. Press and hold the release button and shutter stays closed with mirror up. I do NOT have any scratches on my D5100 with about 8000 shutter actuations.

Leo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow