Shooting with two bodies, thoughts

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
amipal
Regular MemberPosts: 276Gear list
Like?
Re: Shooting with two bodies, thoughts
In reply to peteygas, Nov 16, 2012

peteygas wrote:

I went to Africa with two Panny gh2s ( one with a 14-140 , and the other with a 100-300) I wore a womens Black rapid double strap , and had 3 batteries in my pocket . I had 28-600 covered , and no bag .r , and got great shots . I left my Nikon D800e home with 35 pounds of gear. Would my Nikon set up get better images . Yeah maybe in some cases , but I would do it the same way everytime

I think it's important to have the same (or very similar at least) bodies, in terms of performance anyway.

I picked up a cheap EPL1 to accompany my GH1 for airshows this year. Stuck the Pana 100-300mm on the GH1, and the Pana 14-140mm on the PL1. The GH1 performed excellently, while the EPL1 was just too different in terms of operation and performance to take a good photo in those quick situations.

amipal's gear list:amipal's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow