Lightroom 4 "Export to Web" questions (gallery styles & video)

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jan Privat
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Lightroom 4 "Export to Web" questions (gallery styles & video)
Nov 16, 2012

Hello everybody,

currently I am testing Lightroom 4, to see if I will change my workflow from Bridge & Photoshop (which I know pretty well) to LR4. And so far I seem to like LR...

The "Web" function is pretty important to me, because I'm about to leave Smugmug and want to manage my pictures myself (as I know HTML a bit, and have more than enough webspace).

I have two questions left:

- Does Lightroom support videos in their web galleries? I did a testrun, and LR converted the movie to a picture and placed that in the gallery. Of course, that is not what I intended.  

- My wish is a gallery that looks like the Photoshop design I did below. The header (with the gallery path & "contact me" will be done by myself as a separate frame. But the lower part should be build by LR. Is there a gallery style (maybe an additional one you have to pay for), that kinda looks like that? And that supports video? And which is not Flash (because od iPad & Co.)?

Thank you very much for your input!

/Jan

-- hide signature --

View my photos at http://janriggert.smugmug.com/
Feel free to leave a comment...

Jan Privat's gear list:Jan Privat's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow