Focusing speed NEX 6/5R + LA-EA1

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
chromnd
Regular MemberPosts: 346Gear list
Like?
Re: Focusing speed NEX 6/5R + LA-EA1
In reply to paul1508, Nov 16, 2012

paul1508 wrote:

I think, the NEX itself does have to get the info if the lens can be focused with PDAF or not... Since it always got the info from the LE-EA2 there was no problem... now the LE-EA1 does not bring the info, because until now there was no PDAF implemented into the sensor...

I don't think that the software update does only add a status feedback, whether PDAF can be used or not. I think the NEX sensor internal PDAF is not as generic as the PDAF realized in LA-EA2 or SLT/R cameras - it works different.

I have the strange feeling, that the lenses need to provide some extra information, maybe about the position of the internal lenses, etc, in order to make this sensor PDAF work.

Otherwise every lens, that can be controlled by the camera could do PDAF - no need for a software update. This is also the case if you have "real" PDAF like in most DSLRs.

chromnd's gear list:chromnd's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow