Started Dec 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
djm99
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Re: what lens?
In reply to Lemming51, Nov 16, 2012

Lemming51 wrote:

djm99 wrote:

I got the exact same error code the very first time I turned the camera on! Brand new, I unpacked it Tuesday, two days ago. Since then I have gotten error code 1 about a dozen times, in addition the camera locks up periodically after the one minute default time out before going in to sleep mode.

In both situations I have to pull the battery and put it back and it works again. I thought I got a faulty camera, I might have but this is unacceptable! Years with Nikon and never a thing like this. I sold all my Nikon gear to get the new 5d Mark III. Bodies, lenses, flashes, accessories, all sold. All gone. Perhaps a little too quickly. I even bought a Nikon D800 and three lenses and sent them back before unpacking and bought the Canon.

What is this crap? $3700 for a camera and lens and the forums are full of problems like this. Not once with Nikon did I get this. Oh man, this is no good.

-- hide signature --

Dennis Chicago IL USA

With Err 1, the fault is likely the lens, often a bad flexi-cable on extending zooms or bad aperture mechanism. If new, have it repaired under warranty.

-- hide signature --

Unapologetic Canon Apologist

It IS new, out of the box brand spanking new.  No repair, it is already on the way back for exchange on a new camera and lens kit.   I will not spend $3700 on a new camera and lens and then have to send the lens in for repair, the retailer can do that or Canon can do that and let them absorb the cost and inconvenience.  It should at least work perfectly out of the box.

-- hide signature --

Dennis Chicago IL USA

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow