RX1 stdio shots on IR

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Emopunk
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 stdio shots on IR
In reply to Frenske, Nov 16, 2012

Frenske wrote:

I only looked at the 6400 ISO, but I would say the RX1 performs slightly better; just a little bit more details. But to be honest I only can only see this at pixel level and a certain part e.g. the green napkin. This might be caused by the difference in exposure, but my guess is that the mirror causes a little bit micro-contrast lost.

I cannot see any difference when viewing the full size pictures, so I wouldn't worry about it. The advantage of the A99 over the RX1, should far outweight the 0.1% improvement e.g. speed and accuracy of AF.

-- hide signature --

I find the red swatch to have more detail in A99 sample @ISO6400. Anyway no surprise here, both are great cameras and there's barely any difference between the two. I am sure Sony refined further SLT technology, since A55.

Emopunk's gear list:Emopunk's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Sony 20mm F2.8 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow