The impressive 18-55 2,8-4,0

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
MuMinded
Senior MemberPosts: 1,938
Like?
Just Tried it out in the strore myself
In reply to shigzeo, Nov 16, 2012

Hi,

Went back to the store that I bought my 60mm lens from to return it for a focusing problem.  The lens failed to focus anymore in Manual focus, but oddly enough, focused fine in Auto Focus mode.   Anyway, not a problem as the store was happy to accept the return and will give me a new one when it comes in stock next Tuesday.

However, after this I went to the Fuji display and they had the X-E1 on display with a working 18-55 lens.   All I can say is that Shigzeo nailed his description of this lens.    If anyone is having any questions or doubts about this lens I can say without a doubt that to me, this is going to be a top quality lens.   Sadly, they will not take any pre-orders now as it's only being offered as part of the kit.

I had my XPro-1 with me, but because of the funky security cables they had attached to both the lens and the body I could not mount it on my own camera to try out.

On a side note, this was the first time I got to play with a working X-E1 model..     It's a fine camera indeed, but just reinforced my feeling that I made the right choice in getting the XPro-1 instead..

Oh well, no Macro photography work for me this weekend!

MuMinded

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow