Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CharlesTokyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 704Gear list
Like?
Shooting with two bodies, thoughts
Nov 16, 2012

I'm come to a bit of a dilemma recently. I'm taking a photography class I really enjoy and get a lot out of, but I need to go out and shoot daily. I also stick with the same lens, the Panasonic 20mm and probably moving to the new 17mm by Olympus when it's out. I know that focal length well, but because of my daily shooting other lenses rarely seem time on my camera now. I have wider angles, like the 7.5mm FE and 9-18, along with telephotos like the 45mm and 75mm that I can't really use for my class and thus don't get used. Likewise I never really experiment with 14mm or 25mm, while not a huge difference from 20, they do give a slightly different perspective I can use.

Recently I've considered picking up a second body to go with my E-M5. I've grown very comfortable both shooting with the 20mm and processing the photos it's good for me, but because of that comfort level I find myself wanting to branch out a little more. Changing lenses isn't hard, but I often see something I want a photo of, switch back to the 20, then back to the lens I was using. It's kind of a hassle, so I haven't been swapping much lately.

Do any of you often carry two bodies to shoot with primes? Do you find it's an improvement over swapping lenses all the time? Anyone try and find it wasn't for them? I imagine having the proper bag would make a difference.

The last part would be picking the camera. A second OM-D with the same control scheme and IS is the way I'm leaning. A E-PL5 isn't much cheaper. It would have to be an E-PM2 to save any money

CharlesTokyo's gear list:CharlesTokyo's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +22 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow