RX1 studio shots

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Emacs23
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 studio shots
In reply to viking79, Nov 16, 2012

The lens doesn't seem particularly good at the edges and has pronounced distortion (which is harder than one of X100, although the latter is FAR from perfect), based on RAW from IR. The camera is highly overpriced. $1500 for body at best: it utilizes FF sensor, yes, but the body itself is much simpler to build than DSLR, which costs $2k for body with the same sensor. $500 for lens at best. So you all see it should cost about $2k at best (at best for Sony, of course). And that ridiculous $600 price tag for an EVF.
I've just cancelled the preorder of SEL 1018, based on image samples that are not good enough. And I am seeing now why should I not to preorder this one.
IMO if you don't shoot at high ISO much, Leica X2 will give you higher IQ (about zero distortion, uniform resolution across field)

Emacs23's gear list:Emacs23's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Leica Super-Elmar-M 18mm f/3.8 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow