Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
S Kent
New MemberPosts: 16
7D vs 5DMarkII?
Nov 16, 2012

I am stumped. Upgrading from T2i and was going to get the 7D but now the 5DMII is so close in price, I have to consider it.

I take a wide range of photos--artistic and architectural, but I also take a LOT of pictures of my kids and other people, candids and portraits. I also take some video. I have a number of lenses, some L--everything from macro to telephoto.

Part of the reason I'm upgrading is due to the T2i's poor function in low light situations (lots of noise and AF problems). And I'm talking about indoors with decent lighting--not pitch black (though I've gotten some great shots in very dark lighting with the T2i using a tripod.) But I also got tired of waiting for the T2i to process files in between shots. I felt like I was missing shots while the camera was "working".

Even though the use of the tripod helped in low light situations, I'd prefer to stay handheld as much as possible.

I've researched both the 7D and the 5DMII and I know the pluses and minuses but I can't figure out which overall package will meet my needs best.

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Schuyler

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow