M Mount Adapter for fuji X-E1

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Questions thread
shigzeo ?
Senior MemberPosts: 1,128Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 becomes an old SLR without the mirror
In reply to steven_k, Nov 16, 2012

steven_k wrote:

I just got my Fuji M Mount for my X-E1 and a few CV manual focus lenses, I think it works great.

Yeah having focusing peaking would be nice, like Sony has, but the zoom function is easy to use.

I have the CV25/4 and I am trying tomorrow the CV 35/2.5, I have the Fuji 35/1.4 that came with the camera which of course is great, yet I am gong to do a side by side test with both lenses.

I pretty much shoot at F8 most of the time, and as much as I love the Fuji 35, the CV 25 and 35 are so small, and simple to use. Of course give up AF

It will be an interesting test....

Glad you are liking it. I stupidly bought a Hawk's adapter thinking I'd be going X this year... well, I'm not. The hawks provides an extra ~3mm of out focus so a lens with 0,9m close focus can close to 0,3 metres focus. In effect, a Hawks turns your rangefinder lenses into mini (and I mean mini) SLR lenses.

I do wish I could afford an x camera now, but I can't, and I wont' buy for a long while yet. I keep using friends' models plus try my lenses out in the store, even my Makro Planar via a Novoflex and tripod adapter to just see how sturdy the system would be... but the X-Pro 1's viewfinder is too poor yet. If it improves and I have money in the next couple of years, I'll join the ranks.

I think my Hawk's will go up for sale locally.

-- hide signature --
 shigzeo ?'s gear list:shigzeo ?'s gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow