1st Day with OM-D & Lumix 7-14

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Binone
Regular MemberPosts: 479Gear list
Like?
Re: 1st Day with OM-D & Lumix 7-14
In reply to pdelux, Nov 16, 2012

Thank you.  My first step down from the big dSLR was a NEX-7 with the Zeis 24mm lens.  I borrowed that from a friend for a 3 week trip this past spring because I knew that there was no way I was going to lug my Canon gear when out walking all day.  I'd done that for too many years and now, with some back problems, I couldn't see myself doing that any more.  I got great results from the NEX, although I hated the firmware (I couldn't have made the 2 photos in the OP handheld with the NEX).  However, other than the Zeis lens, there's no quality glass for it.  The OM-D represents everything I've been looking for:  Light weight, fun to use and great IQ, plus a wide selection of quality glass.

I need to add a good telephoto and I'm all set.  The Lumix 35-100 is well reviewed, but Oly is rumored to be introducing a 45-150 high-end zoom early next year, so I think I'll wait.

Binone's gear list:Binone's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon 1 AW1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow