Price of a77 in Hong Kong

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
1DanC
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
Re: Price of a77 in Hong Kong
In reply to Ke Pin, Nov 16, 2012

Wing Shing is definitely a good store, I rushed it when I was in HK and was too keen to get my hand son one and paid an extra USD100 for it in the end by walking into the first store I found.  I console myself in that I still saved over $500 from the AUS price.

You mus ensure you get the International warranty card.  It is a blue card with the heading TOURIST LIMITED WARRANTY CARD and it has a registration number.

Sony is right there in Kowloon so if you want to check it you can go to Sony and make sure it is OK.

Also gimmes are at least a 16GB card, Genuine case, extra battery (Probably not genuine), small tripod and whatever else you can fenagle

BTW the camera is made in Thailand not Japan, but i don't think any are made in Japan that I have seen.

One thing to realise with the A77 from HK is that it will be a PAL device and can not be selected to NTSC unlike the A99.

Dan C

1DanC's gear list:1DanC's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow