Are you as stunned as I am?

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rocky ID Olympian
Contributing MemberPosts: 502Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you as stunned as I am?
In reply to tedolf, Nov 16, 2012

tedolf wrote:

A lady with a point n shoot background looking at Fuji x-e1, OM-d, NEX 6-oh, and she only wants to use one lens!

The are people having DSLRs too, having and using only one lens. They have the money, want to have better image quality than point and shoot camera (even if they don't have photography skills). Now mirrorless interchangeable cameras bring not only "interchangeable lens" feature, but also bigger sensor than pocket cams. Since Olympus introduce art filter in their m4/3 cameras, people also can have the ease of having common effects without having to edit in photoshop or  other photo editing apps.

A guy with a GH-2 doesn't know how to use F stops to set a DOF for a video shot.

Another guy is looking for an inexpensive, light weight compact travel cam and wants to buy an X-pro1 and three primes!

Horrible, horrible photo's taken with brand new OM-5s.

There are people taking horrible photos using full frame expensive monsters also. Its a waste and pity, yes, but since they spend their own money, I guess they have their full right to do so :D.

Etc., Etc, Etc.

Clearly, these folks are beginning photographers yet they own/are looking at thousand dollar plus cameras. They clearly don't have the knowlege (most of us probably don't) to get the best out of theses systems and yet they are entering u 4/3 at the top of the line?

I thought that people used to buy (except the Leica guys) the least expensive camera that could get the job done, and that beginners started at the bottom of the line up and only bought more expensive equipment as thier skills demanded.

As for me, I think I may never exhaust the capabilities of the E-pl1 and legacy glass. In a recent E-pl1 thread the OP asked if he should upgrade from his E-pl1-his sample photo's were excellent. Virtually everyone said not to bother-his photo's were great.

So, are these newbies buying $1000.00 cameras out of thier minds or am I just a....

Getto Photographer!

TEolph

Rocky ID Olympian's gear list:Rocky ID Olympian's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow