Nikon J1 or V1 need your advise.

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 771Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon J1 or V1 need your advise.
In reply to MarceloLI, Nov 16, 2012

I choose the V1 because of:

1. The viewfinder. It's a great travel camera but I live in Arizona and the sun is usually shining really bright! A viewfinder is a must for me now.

2. Mechanical Shutter. The only real advantage to this is the faster flash sync speed (1/250th compared to 1/60th with electrical shutter only) but I've found it to be really useful when trying to tone down ambient light.

3. Battery life. The V1's huge battery is pretty amazing, sometimes I forget that the thing runs on a battery! I've read that the J1's isn't so great and actually drains quicker than most comparable cameras. This is easily solved with an additional battery but I saved the expense and it's one less thing I have to carry with the V1.

The V1's LCD is slightly better than J1's, but I think it's the same as the J2's so nothing really to note there. Hope this helps!

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow