“Hey Al, I think he wants to take our picture... just act natural.”

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,962Gear list
Like?
Re: “Hey Al, I think he wants to take our picture... just act natural.”
In reply to RudyPohl, Nov 16, 2012

RudyPohl wrote:

Some friends of ours run a retreat center near Carleton Place 30 minutes west of Ottawa, and their latest newsletter said that there were turkeys everywhere on the property these days. So I arranged for an early morning sunrise photo shoot today. I got there 3 minutes after sun-up and I walked trails for the next 90 minutes in minus 6 degrees Celsius. I never saw or heard a single turkey. (Not my year for turkeys, I guess... LOL!).

Have a great day!
Rudy

On my way home I drove past a small herd of beef cattle feeding leisurely behind an old split-rail fence and thought to myself, "You know...not only Ducks and Squirrels and Chickadees are cute, but Cows are cute too!” So I stopped the car and drove in reverse back to the herd and starting shooting. I could swear that these two were talking about me.

-- hide signature --

The FZ200 - One step closer to bridging the gap.
Flickr photo gallery

Rudy, I'm sure the cow on the left is saying, "Eat mor chiken"

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow