Why is pic so dark?

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
xhibit4
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Re: Why is pic so dark?
In reply to xhibit4, Nov 16, 2012

xhibit4 wrote:

Just bought this Refurbished unit & am having problems with both too dark shots like the one I posted and the IR not doing it's job which is giving me some blurred/soft focus shots. I will take all your suggestions & play around a bit. Hopefully it's my getting a better understanding of how to achieve proper results & not that I have a defective 580EXII. Thks all for your help!

Sorry I went away, my user preferences were set wrong, I assumed when I thanked everyone for their help & that I was going to practice with some more shots there would not be anymore comments. Here is a Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/werp80a0o1t2aar/qAqDexC0fU to all the unedited shots taken that night and a few from another night. I was going to call Canon and have them look at these shots while I was on the phone with them but showing these to you all will be better. All the shots were taken in ETTL with the camera set to "P" mode at 400 ISO, single shot, & evaluative metering. the exposures for all the shots were basically f/4-3.5 at 1/60 The Halloween shot was taken twice with the same out of focus/underexposed result, distance was 9 ft, flash should have sufficiently illuminated the kids and the IR should have helped with the focus. As for the "Wine Event" this was in a well lit car dealership, flash was at a 90 degree angle not bounced. Again the shots IMO should have been properly illuminated not fill flashed. As for the "Bar" shots again too dark & one of the shots had to be re-taken because of being out of focus. Trying to figure out if I possible have a defective re-furbished unit or am I doing something wrong? Thanks everybody!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow