A plea to Olympus: Exposure compenastion in manual mode on the E-M5 Locked

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Mingjai
Senior MemberPosts: 1,239Gear list
Re: A plea to Olympus: Exposure compenastion in manual mode on the E-M5
In reply to Alan_W1, Nov 15, 2012

Alan_W1 wrote:

Ive never felt the need for this option, although i can see it may be useful in certain circumstances.

I would be happy having the option, providing it can be disabled when not required.

My panasonic gh2 "does" use auto iso in M mode, although this is with video only.

Coming from a generation where M meant fully manual {and as someone who remains fully manual today...apart from AF}, i immediately set my gh2 to M when i first aquired this camera {assuming M meant M, in the traditional sense}, and proceeded to ruin some unrepeatable video footage.

Fortunately a couple of chaps on this forum pointed out this problem {the handbook was a bit vague}, and i now use the other Manual mode for video.

I wish the GH1 allowed auto-ISO in M mode for video. If I choose to shoot at a 180 degree shutter angle to get natural-looking video, that means I have to fix the shutter speed at 1/50s or 1/120s depending on my framerate. If I further want to fix the aperture to achieve a certain visual effect, then it would be really helpful for the camera to automatically choose the sensor sensitivity for the scene.

Mingjai's gear list:Mingjai's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +13 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow