where to enter: e-pl5 or rx100

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Amin Sabet
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,709Gear list
Like?
Re: thank you everyone ...
In reply to kessler, Nov 15, 2012

kessler wrote:

for the comments. A lot to think about. It's a hard decision at ~$700.

I like the idea of interchangeable lenses, but probably wouldn't go beyond the kit and one prime. The prime because I would like to have a compact package to tote around and to get better picks. The new 17mm looks enticing, but I wouldn't be in the market for the prime for awhile.

In terms of future upgrade, I guess I could sell the rx100 to fund m43 if I changed my mind. What do you think, maybe loose 1/3 of it's value in a year? It is cutting edge now, so I can't imagine it will far surpassed anytime soon.

I would count on the RX100 losing half its value in 1 year.  Even if no one else surpasses it, the use price will drop considerably when people expect Sony to replace it.

I think I could live with the zoom range, but I used to have an 18mm that I loved. It will be mostly family pics at first, so 28mm is fine I think.

-- hide signature --
 Amin Sabet's gear list:Amin Sabet's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow