"Lens I.S. Priority" on E-PL5, allows me to use any Panny OIS lens?

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kevdog
Senior MemberPosts: 1,394Gear list
Like?
Re: Ok, Panasonic 45-175mm: In-lens IS working, but something is not right
In reply to ulmer, Nov 15, 2012

ulmer wrote:

I received a Panasonic 45-175mm lens which has built in IS and no on/off switch for enabling and disabling IS.

Even though the image looks stabilized pretty well on the LCD, I can't get a sharp shot for the life of me. At 100mm focal length with 1/200 sec shutter speed while being super still, I get a blurry, ghosted image. 100% of my attempts look bad at a number of reasonable and unreasonable for handholding focal length/shutter speed combinations.

The 45-175X (just like the 14-42X lens) have the famous "double blur" problem. With Power OIS on, it is really bad with shutter speeds between 1/60th of a second and 1/200th of a second. Even with it off you will encounter problems with double-blur with that lens.

They really messed up the "Power OIS" and it seems the OIS lens holding mechanism doesn't really hold well so the OIS lens vibrates due to shutter shock (even when OIS is OFF!).

Sad, as I really liked both the 14-42X and the 45-175X but I sent them both back.

Got the Pany 14-45 and the Pany 100-300 and like both much much better.

Kevdog's gear list:Kevdog's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow