ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
0lf
0lf
Regular MemberPosts: 342
Like?
quick hands on with rx1 at salon de la photo
Nov 15, 2012

The last week end, I went to the salon de la photo, in Paris. There was 4 pre production RX1, free to handle. As they were pre production units, I was not allowed to use my own memory card.

It was the first time I use a FF camera. I was quite surprised and pleased by the bockehability compared to my nex with the 24mm f/1.8.
As it was already said, the AF was quite slow. Much slower than 5n with the 24mm. I hope it will be better with production unit. It is, I think, the main weakness of the camera. In DMF, MF can be used before AF to reduce AF hunting. When MF, a distance scale is displayed.
The digital teleconverter has two modes : step zoom, with 1x, 1.4x and 2x, or continuous. It seems that when this "zoom" is used, the AF will automatically switch to the "all screen box" mode.
In M mode, auto ISO is accessible (with min and max customizable), and when chosen, the exposure compensation dial is still active. 
The FN menu is not customizable. There are 3 custom WB. NR can be turn off in jpeg
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow