ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
0lf
0lf
Regular MemberPosts: 304Gear list
Like?
quick hands on with rx1 at salon de la photo
Nov 15, 2012

The last week end, I went to the salon de la photo, in Paris. There was 4 pre production RX1, free to handle. As they were pre production units, I was not allowed to use my own memory card.

It was the first time I use a FF camera. I was quite surprised and pleased by the bockehability compared to my nex with the 24mm f/1.8.
As it was already said, the AF was quite slow. Much slower than 5n with the 24mm. I hope it will be better with production unit. It is, I think, the main weakness of the camera. In DMF, MF can be used before AF to reduce AF hunting. When MF, a distance scale is displayed.
The digital teleconverter has two modes : step zoom, with 1x, 1.4x and 2x, or continuous. It seems that when this "zoom" is used, the AF will automatically switch to the "all screen box" mode.
In M mode, auto ISO is accessible (with min and max customizable), and when chosen, the exposure compensation dial is still active. 
The FN menu is not customizable. There are 3 custom WB. NR can be turn off in jpeg
 0lf's gear list:0lf's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N +2 more
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow