Senior MemberPosts: 3,460Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - Trying macro
In reply to MarioV, Nov 15, 2012

MarioV wrote:

MarioV wrote:

Augustin Man wrote:

MarioV wrote:

Good attempts, Augustin. What happened to that Raynox 250? Too much power?

Thank you, Mario! Yeah, 150 would have been more than enough for my skills! Frankly, I know nothing about macro shooting, just selecting the option in the focus table and trying to get the best focus. I was somehow surprised myself by the lemon tree leaf shot. I've been lucky with the SP-800UZ which had a splendid macro, then SP810-UZ and P510 weren't so good. SX50 seems to me quite good...

I'll read some theoretical principle, and then try also the Raynox and focus stacking following your advice...

Happy shooting,

Augustin

I've just realised that the Raynox does not simply attach to the SX50. Annoying. You have to get a 58mm filter adapter first..

I just ordered the 58mm adapter here:

http://www.lensmateonline.com/store/sx10sx1.html

I ordered it to the Lensmate as in our shop they don't have it. Shipping cost was $6 only... I have a question, however: in the 58mm adapter do I have to fix the Raynox adapter ring, because the Raynox lens has 49mm? That's awkward, there insn't an adapter from 58mm to 49mm? It would be much simpler and easier to steadying the camera...

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Olympus SP-810 UZ Nikon Coolpix P510 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow