steadycam, best focal lenght and frame rate for weddings ?

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
compositor20
Senior MemberPosts: 1,599
Like?
steadycam, best focal lenght and frame rate for weddings ?
Nov 15, 2012

Which is the best most commonly used steadycam with a sony a57 (DSLR with autofocus in video mode) and Im thinking if there is a difference between 18mm 24mm or 35mm (I believe more than 35mm which means more than 50mm in FF will introduce shake even with steadycam).

Im thinking of buying this one since its cheap and supports 1.2kg cameras (a a57 with another lens maybe the kit lens if used at 18mm or a tamron 17-50 lens that doesn´t exceed that weight):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Easy-Cam-digital-DSLR-Camera-Stabiliser-Camcorder-Stabilizer-Steady-cam-UK-/180937693267?pt=UK_Tripods_Heads_Stablisers&hash=item2a20ba1853

Buy the way sony a57 has 50p recording and I would like to know if there is a good simple and cheap video editor that can be used for editing wedding videos (probably with a "deshaker" built in and that works great with AVCHD video in 50p without the need to transcode all the videos for editing (something that edits on the fly even though I have an i7 processor I would like one like premiere or final cult since I know they do it without transcode but simpler).

In PAL land which is better to record, 50p or 25p, if output is DVD?

Thanks and sorry for the mixed thread.

Samsung i7 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow