Fuji X-E1, Olympus E-PL5, or Sony NEX6?

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ptox
Regular MemberPosts: 186Gear list
Like?
Re: Look, here is the problem....
In reply to tedolf, Nov 15, 2012

You're confused because you misread. She said she is considering "one of the three [mirrorless cameras] plus a prime" along with the RX100 on her trip, not "three primes".

And she is clearly not looking for a step up from a P&S, because she is used to a DSLR. She may have been confused about the sensor size (i.e. that two of the mirrorless cameras have the same sensor size as a DSLR), but that doesn't change the validity of her "amazement" at "[DSLR-comparable] IQ from a P&S-sized body".

As for your subject line, "here is the problem" -- you are such an egotist, as if it's "a problem" to anyone but yourself that you have miserable reading comprehension or that you're also deliberately obtuse and prone to pedantry.

I notice you're not half as gleefully irritating as you were before your ‚Äčabsence‚Äč; but at least that added colour to your personality; now you're just a boor.

tedolf wrote:

dennis tennis wrote:

you are trapped ini the vortex. I was going to reply but now you are stuck having to defend what you wrote. BTW, you won't succeed, they will hound you no matter what you write.

Pick any of the three.

the OP just isn't being very specific about what she is looking for. If all she is looking for is an "amazing" step up from point n shoot image quality for travel it is silly to spend $3000.00 on an EX-1 and three primes when she could get an E-pl1, kit lens and two primes for about $600.00.

That combination will definately have "amazing" image quality compared to a point n shoot and will be indistinguishable in IQ from the EX-1 up to about 8 x 10" prints.

Now, if she is trying to sell studio fashion photography to magazines for a double page spread that is a different matter.

Tedolph

ptox's gear list:ptox's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow