Food boxes as camera boxes

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gato Amarillo
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,553
Like?
Insulated lunch bag
In reply to tt321, Nov 15, 2012

I have used insulated lunch bags for daily carry-around since I moved to m4/3 four years ago. In many ways I find them better than most camera bags. For full-on work I still have my Domke bags, but for something to throw in the car with a body and lens or two lunch bags are better.

They are cheap, functional, provide some impact and thermal protection and they don't look like camera bags. My first was a near-perfect size and shape for a camera and extra lens, bought for $5 off a sale table at Office Max. I wore it out and have not found anything quite as perfect sense, but the two I have now work quite well.

The purpose designed camera bags are massive overkill for what I do. My biggest complaint is too much padding - some of them actually seem to have more bulk in padding than their carrying capacity. Not to mention that several I've looked at seem designed to dump your gear out on the ground if you try to pick them up without being sure the top is secured.

For under $10 a pop the lunch bags work for me.

Gato

"We paint with our brain, not with our hands" -- Michelangelo
Portrait, figure and fantasy photography at Silver Mirage Gallery:
silvermirage.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow