Started Nov 15, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mkaylor
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
75%er looking for advice
Nov 15, 2012

I think am one of probably 75% of the people out there. I've been doing tons of reading and now I feel more confused than I ever have been. I just don't know what to get.

I want to shoot family photos and videos; Vacations at Theme Parks and Beaches, Parties, School Choir Concerts, football games etc..... I don't photograph birdies or macros. I've used really good point and shoots all my life and lately my iPhone. I absolutely hate the zoom on them because there is little and what there is, usually makes for a grainy photo or video. They are not that great in sub optimal lighting conditions either.

At this point in my life, I want to take that next step. Learn a little about the camera and take some better photos and videos. After being disappointed in the noise of the FZ200, I think I've narrowed down my choices to 2 very different cameras. The Cannon SX50 HS and the Sony SLT-A57.

I like the idea of the SX50 because of the long zoom and not having to lug around lenses. But how's the low light photos? Also it seems to get blurry and noisy in a hurry. How good is it really, not just by the specs?

I like the A57 because of the big sensor, fast shooting, fast focus, lots of features to help move me from a point and shoot to that next level. Everyone seems to love it. But I'm just not sure how it would be to go on vacation with? Do I need to buy 10 lenses to go with it to do most everything I want? I don't want to break the bank.

Please help me find the camera that best fits my lifestyle. I'm married to an Asian who wants me to take lots more photos. But I just don't because I'm not really pleased with what I'm using now. If you had to choose which one would it be or am I missing something even better??

Thanks,

Mike

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow