Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 15,713Gear list
Like?
Are you as stunned as I am?
Nov 15, 2012

A lady with a point n shoot background looking at Fuji x-e1, OM-d, NEX 6-oh, and she only wants to use one lens!

A guy with a GH-2 doesn't know how to use F stops to set a DOF for a video shot.

Another guy is looking for an inexpensive, light weight compact travel cam and wants to buy an X-pro1 and three primes!

Horrible, horrible photo's taken with brand new OM-5s.

Etc., Etc, Etc.

Clearly, these folks are beginning photographers yet they own/are looking at thousand dollar plus cameras. They clearly don't have the knowlege (most of us probably don't) to get the best out of theses systems and yet they are entering u 4/3 at the top of the line?

I thought that people used to buy (except the Leica guys) the least expensive camera that could get the job done, and that beginners started at the bottom of the line up and only bought more expensive equipment as thier skills demanded.

As for me, I think I may never exhaust the capabilities of the E-pl1 and legacy glass. In a recent E-pl1 thread the OP asked if he should upgrade from his E-pl1-his sample photo's were excellent. Virtually everyone said not to bother-his photo's were great.

So, are these newbies buying $1000.00 cameras out of thier minds or am I just a....

Getto Photographer!

TEolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +9 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow