A65 JPEG engine sometimes better than RAW

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
EvilOne
Forum ProPosts: 13,570Gear list
Like?
Re: Jack: (Setter Dog)
In reply to Alan_S, Nov 15, 2012

BTW, I bought Lightroom 4.2,, and used it for a few weeks when I got the A77.... but for me.. it still is not worth it. I thought I might let folks know that I do indeed have the latest RAW process soft ware, and Ive always kept my software up to date... And its not for lack of trying to get better with it... but the images all come from your perception of how a photograph should look and if you are as blind as me then trying to do what a dedicated JPEG process engine is designed to do is just a waste of my time. But then that's just me.

Ten years ago I used RAW  but could never master it but thought that was the way to go , after several years I was not getting any better at it and realized it was me and not the program. I could never quite make an image as clean or as crisp as the JPEGs the camera produced.. Ive tried several time after that but for me... its a waste of time. This is my short coming but also you have to realize that I'm not exactly a dummy... and there are more people that do not have the artistic vision that those who are successful with RAW images. have... I say this humbly, with the idea that many others may use RAW because someone says they have too, but when comparing side by side images.. the JPEG engine produces better images than some of us can produce using a RAW processing program.

-- hide signature --

Bill aka EO

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow