FL recommendations for general walk-around shooting at Disney?

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cjf3rules
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
FL recommendations for general walk-around shooting at Disney?
Nov 15, 2012

Hi there.

I'm taking my 5N to Walt Disney World soon (first trip with 5N), and I'm really not sure what might be my best option for my general, walk-around shooting setup. I don't have a vast array of lenses, nor am I anywhere close to being an above-average photographer.  Basically I'm still just learning to use my 5N and will probably be using it mostly for snapshot/touristy type photos.

I have the following lenses:

• Sony 18-55 kit lens
  • Sony 16mm kit lens
  • Sony ultra-wide converter for 16mm kit lens
  • Canon FD(n?) 50/1.8 manual lens from around 1985 (in mint condition)

(like I said, not a lot of choice here). I have dabbled into using my FD 50 manual focus lens, with focus peaking enabled. I'm not very fast at manual focusing yet, but it is interesting.

I plan to take all those lenses with me, but can you guys and gals give me opinions on which Focal Length lens you think would be most appropriate for just "normal, all-day, walk-around the parks" sort of shooting? Mostly pix of hubby, scenery, the buildings on Main Street, maybe some rides? I'm thinking I'd probably just go out each day with a different lens, just to try and "keep my bases covered", so to speak, but I'd love to hear what you think would be the most useful lens in that environment.

Thanks a ton for your opinions!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow