Poor review for 16-50 e mount

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Clem Nichols
Contributing MemberPosts: 790Gear list
Like?
Re: Poor review for 16-50 e mount
In reply to BRUCEK56, Nov 15, 2012

This is exactly my position.  I have a 7D with a bagful of lenses which is impractical for casual travel, street fairs, family get-togethers, etc, and have been looking for a small, easily portable camera to supplement what I already have.  I've found that I cannot be satisfied with the results from small sensored P&S's, but at the same time I'm not interested in starting another glass collection.  The NEX 6 with its APS-c sized sensor, EVF, PDAF, and tiltable LCD screen provides all the basics I'm interested in, and the 16-50 pancake zoom certainly represents a reasonably sized lens which, from what I've seen so far, gives easily acceptable IQ.  Combining the two makes for just what I've been looking for, a small, not necessarily pocketable, single lens camera which can suffice for probably 80% or more of what I shoot in the above mentioned situations.  As such, I see it as vastly superior to alternatives such as the Canon G1X or Sony RX100 and not all that much more expensive.

-- hide signature --

CN

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow