Sigma 150/2,8 w MMF-3 on E-M5: having trouble

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
revio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,279Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 150/2,8 w MMF-3 on E-M5: having trouble
In reply to rednefed, Nov 15, 2012

rednefed wrote:

I have not tested AF with the lens + EM5 combo (it was really slow on regular 4/3, already) but MF works just fine, of course. Remember, ultrasonic motors don't play terribly well with CDAF.

Yes, I have heard that fex Oly┬┤s SWD-lenses are pretty slow to AF on m4/3, but never have I heard they would not AF at all...

As what Sigma regards, this is not one of their older lenses, thgus I would not think it would not focus at all. Slow = OK, zero AF = not very ok with me...

The seller infomed me very clearly that AF would be very slow. Not a word about NO AF though.

Manual may work when shooting a totally still subject w camera on tripod, but I would be content with slow AF for all other occasions wher I planned to use this lens. AF is much too convenient to give up, getting 100% dependent on manual focus with almost no DOF...I found it very hard to manual focus even w enlarging the focus square.

But I could very well live with that if only I also could use AF at chosen occasions...

The MMF-3 adapter I got (from same seller) works perfectly well, with fex my 14-54, 50/2 and a couple other Oly kit lenses I own.

Thanks for you reply!

-- hide signature --

Aim & Frame

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow