Anything faster than Lightroom?

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stu 5
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266
Like?
Re: Anything faster than Lightroom?
In reply to elai, Nov 15, 2012

elai wrote:

I switched over to lightroom a couple of years ago after finding iPhoto choked on RAW files and Aperture was just slower. I'm getting frustrated although with the general slowness of Lightroom when I want to show people my photo collection in full screen so I'm looking for something faster. I just got a D600 recently so it's even slower now.

So far the fastest I've found has been Nikon's ViewNX 2. Picasa is faster than Lightroom, but still takes a while to render RAWs when you zoom in. I don't do much post processing other than adjusting the exposure slider & maybe auto-tone, so I'm fine with something that can manage & display a library well and is fast but doesn't have many post processing functions. I aim to get it right the first time.

Suggestions? I have a new 15" Macbook Pro with an SSD (photos on a separate HDD) and 16GB of RAM, so I'm not open to 'upgrade your computer'.

How long is your computer taking to render the slideshow as I have never found that to be an issue with Lightroom and I am running a slower system than you? What are the settings you are using for previews? I am just thinking this could be a set up issue more than anything.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow