Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Seedeich
Contributing MemberPosts: 919
Like?
Re: you will love it
In reply to vkyr2, Nov 15, 2012

vkyr2 wrote:

Seedeich wrote:

The Domke J-5XB is a perfect fit for the V1, a couple of lenses and some accessories as well. I like that it’s long and not very deep. But also expensive.

That looks good in style and form like what I'm looking after, though according to some German Amazon reviewers it seems to have some shortcomings. Like no side protections, no internal compartments for small accessories and it seems to be waxed in order to keep the rain away, so you will have always greasy hands, which is not good for the lenses and holding the cam slip free.

See these reviewers comments

Yes it's also very expensive, since I can nearly buy 3 times that Loewepro Apex or Crumpler for it's price.

The reviews are for the Domke canvas version F-5XB.
I have the J-5XB made from ballistic nylon. It’s not waxed, has two dividers for the main compartment, a long pocket inside, two long pockets on the front and back and side protection.
Cards I keep in a small pouch together with the spare battery.

It’s good for two bodies with lens mounted, ready to shoot.
And I like that it can be closed securely with the zipper or just hold closed by the velcro on the flap.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow