Olympus OM-D E-M5 or Fujifilm X-E1?

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
DeFinitive
Regular MemberPosts: 271
Like?
Re: Olympus OM-D E-M5 or Fujifilm X-E1?
In reply to balalu, Nov 15, 2012

balalu wrote:

Having trouble deciding which of these two cameras to purchase. Any thoughts? Particularly interested in views on image quality, available lenses (and quality of lenses), as well as features.

Thanks!!!

As looks go, they both look great IMO however I bought the silver OM-D. I only have the 45mm f1.8 at the moment but that will be followed by one or two of the following, the Oly 12mm f2, 17mm f1.8 and/or Oly 20mm f1.7.

I own a 550D with quite a few lenses and I travel a lot overseas for work but the 550D will stay at home now and the O-MD will go everywhere with me, it's currently with me now on an overseas trip.

Two of the most highly rated Oly prime lenses for IQ are the 12mm f2 and the 75mm f1.8, both fairly expensive but worth it apparently, there are quite a few groups on flickr where you can view image samples. I'm waiting for better image samples from the 17mm f1.8 before I decide what to get next.

There are numerous other lenses from Oly and Panasonic that will work on the O-MD, where as I think there are only three lenses available for the X-E1 at the moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow