Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Digetydog
Senior MemberPosts: 1,010Gear list
Like?
Re: Wow, V1 is $376 with lens on Amazon
In reply to johnparas11zenfoliodotcom, Nov 15, 2012

johnparas11zenfoliodotcom wrote:

Danel wrote:

I haven't been following the V1 since shortly after it came out, but it went from $900 to $376 in less than a year. That has to be some sort of a record. In fact, it seems to be selling now for less than the J1. What the heck happened? Is there something wrong with the camera? As a Nikon D7000 user I'm considering getting the camera with the converter to see how my lenses look with a 2.7 crop factor.

most probably because it does not have the built in flash, and for point and shooter upgraders..that would be important than an EVF...
although I am a DSLR user and want a fast and responsive compact camera (if there is a point and shoot that has both Phase detect contrast detect like the Nikon 1 cameras.. i would have chosen THAT point and shoot but none exists as of today) and hence I bought the J1 (refurbed)..only because it has a built in flash.. in my mind.. I will only use the J1 for family pics and parties..i needed something small and responsive.....

plus 1 on the flash issue.  Did the exact same thing.

Digetydog's gear list:Digetydog's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow