The need for certain settings in camera if shooting and processing RAW

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
RMC74
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Re: The need for certain settings in camera if shooting and processing RAW
In reply to Sailor Blue, Nov 15, 2012

Thanks for the great feedback from everyone.  I will continue to set my white balance at my best "guess" as to what it should be so that it will at least be close when starting post processing.

I originally started off by shooting in JPG + RAW, but found that it got too cumbersome for my personal style.  I have been having so much fun doing the PP on the RAW files and learning my limits and  the limits of the software, that I was not using any of the JPG's out of the camera anyway and then I was having to sort the original JPG's from the JPG's I had created and it was causing me more work. For about the past month, I have been shooting RAW only for most things.

Based on your feedback I will only set white balance and not worry about any of the other settings designed for JPEGS, such as portrait etc. when I am shooting only in RAW.

I am amazed by the amount of control we have over our images by using PP on RAW files.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow