What Photo Printer Do You Use?

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,818Gear list
Like?
Re: What Photo Printer Do You Use?
In reply to Tyr-Sog, Nov 15, 2012

Tyr-Sog wrote:

Yes, I also realize it's not cost efficient to print myself but for me it's the sanctification of knowing that my print hanging on my wall was 100% all my doing. From shooting it, to post processing, printing, and finally framing it.

I'll be printing those few WOW pictures I take a month and the occasional portrait picture of my son. Not my every day snaps. Those will still be outsourced.

Actually, i have found this not to be necessarily the case, well, at least in my personal case.

My local Costco is 17 miles away which is about a 30 min drive where they make some decent prints but they are not great either.

My local Wall Mart is about one mile closer than Costco but their prints really suck.

My local Samy's camera are about two miles from me but they are a bit more expensive and one 8x10 luster prints cost $5 dollars.  I have never been a fan of sending photos online, and now that i have this printer i have even a less reason to do so.

My local regular unleaded gas cost is about $4 dollars per gallon, not to mention my six cylinder Mini Van's tear and wear(literately.)  In the end i actually think i will be saving.  I do have LOTS of WOW photos that i will be printing and continue to do that i think will not be matched by a local printing store.  I mean, i can now print the exact type and kind of color tone that i like and looks the best.  Yes, i paid $140 upfront for the printer but i think is not much for this caliber of a printer, so i think over all it will be actually less expensive for me to use the printer instead of driving around and paying for gas.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow